- 2 lbs stew meat
- 1.5 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 Tbsp, tomato paste
- 12 oz Guinness
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce (Lea & Perrins)
- 1 cube beef boullion
And don’t forget:
- 4 cups potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Season stew meat with salt and black pepper and sear over medium-high heat with canola oil in a Dutch Oven. Cook in multiple batches if necessary.
- Add 1 Tbsp canola oil and adds onions, garlic, and carrots and saute before onions are soft.
- Add 2 Tbsp tomato paste and cook until tomato paste is brown and onions are soft.
- Deglaze pan with 12 oz of Guinness (before the garlic burns), scrape bottom, red-add beef, and bring to a boil.
- Add 4 cups of beef stock, Worcestershire Sauce to Dutch Oven.
- Add 2 bay leaves, thyme, beef boullion, salt, and pepper, to Dutch Oven, bring back to a boil.
- Add potatoes to Dutch Oven and bring back to a boil. Make sure potatoes are submerged in liquid.
- Put Dutch oven, covered in oven for 1.5 hours.
- Add peas to Dutch Oven, and cook for another half hour in oven.