- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch for reducing
- 1 tablespoon water for reducing
- 4 salmon filets skinless
- sesame seeds for garnish optional
- green onions for garnish optional
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 cups water
Combine garlic, ginger, soy sauce, ⅛ cup water, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil. Stir well.
Divide marinade in half, add one to a ziplock bag. Add remainder to a plastic container and store in fridge.
De-skin salmon fillets. Add to Ziplock bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Cook rice in rice cooker.
Add cornstarch to water and whisk to combime.
Heat up teriyaki mixture not used with salmon fillets in a medium pan to a simmer.
Slowly add cornstarch solution to marinade/sauce. Lower heat to low.
Add oil to another medium pan. Cook salmon in pan for 5 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 145F.
Serve salmon over rice and drizzle with teriyaki sauce.
Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.